Interactive 2015 ABPI Code
Welcome to the Interactive ABPI Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry 2015
Follow the links to navigate the interactive Code and use this easier format to familiarise yourself with it.
Each clause can be accessed using the contents list on the right hand side of this page. The contents list also appears on every page of the interactive Code.
On each Clause page there is a quick link list at the top of the page to help with navigation.
On the right hand side of each Clause page there are links to relevant advice and to suggest example cases which help demonstrate the implementation of the Clause you can click on 'suggest a case'.
Top Tips - search function and filters
The Index is an interactive version of the alphabetical subject index in the printed Code. For ease of access it is colour coded to indicate and link to the information available in the Code in relation to: Clauses in the Code (dark blue), Supplementary Information to Clauses in the Code (light blue) and further information in the PMCPA Constitution and Procedure (yellow). Click on the number and it will take you to the relevant section of the Code.
The text search links any and all relevant clauses in the interactive Code.
During the period 1 January to 30 April 2015 no material or activity will be regarded as being in breach of the Code if it fails to comply with its provisions only because of requirements which the 2015 Code introduces.
- Clause 1 - Scope of the Code and Definition of Certain Terms
- Clause 2 - Discredit to, and Reduction of Confidence in, the Industry
- Clause 3 - Marketing Authorization
- Clause 4 - Prescribing Information and Other Obligatory Information
- Clause 5 - Abbreviated Advertisements
- Clause 6 - Journal Advertising
- Clause 7 - Information, Claims and Comparisons
- Clause 8 - Disparaging References
- Clause 9 - High Standards, Format, Suitability and Causing Offence, Sponsorship
- Clause 10 - Provision of Reprints and the Use of Quotations
- Clause 11 - Distribution of Promotional Material
- Clause 12 - Disguised Promotion
- Clause 13 - Clinical Trials and Non-Interventional Studies of Marketed Medicines
- Clause 14 - Certification
- Clause 15 - Representatives
- Clause 16 - Training
- Clause 17 - Provision of Medicines and Samples
- Clause 18 - Prohibition on Inducements and Inappropriate Payments, the Provision of Items for Patients, Health Professionals and Other Relevant Decision Makers, Agreements to Benefit Patients such as Outcome Agreements and Patient Access Schemes
- Clause 19 - Medical and Educational Goods and Services
- Clause 20 - Joint Working
- Clause 21 - Relationships and Contracts with Certain Organisations
- Clause 22 - Meetings, Hospitality and Sponsorship
- Clause 23 - The Use of Consultants
- Clause 24 - Transfers of Value to Health Professionals and Healthcare Organisations
- Clause 25 - Scientific Services
- Clause 26 - Relations with the Public and the Media
- Clause 27 - Relationships with Patient Organisations
- Clause 28 - The Internet
- Clause 29 - Compliance with Undertakings
- Constitution and Procedure
- Guidelines on company procedures relating to the Code of Practice