Interactive 2014 Code
Welcome to the Interactive Code - 2014 Edition
Follow the links to navigate around the interactive code and familiarise yourself with it in this easier to use format.
Each clause of the interactive code can be accessed using the contents list at the left hand side of this page. This contents list appears on every page of the interactive code.
On each clause page there is a quick link list at the top of the page to help with navigation.
Other useful links are located on the right hand side of each clause page including links to advice relevant to that clause and some example cases which help demonstrate the implementation of the clause. To suggest a suitable case click on the suggest a case link on the right of the clause page and fill out the form.
- Clause 1 - Scope of the Code and Definition of Certain Terms
- Clause 2 - Discredit to, and Reduction of Confidence in, the Industry
- Clause 3 - Marketing Authorization
- Clause 4 - Prescribing Information and Other Obligatory Information
- Clause 5 - Abbreviated Advertisements
- Clause 6 - Journal Advertising
- Clause 7 - Information, Claims and Comparisons
- Clause 8 - Disparaging References
- Clause 9 - High Standards, Format, Suitability and Causing Offence, Sponsorship
- Clause 10 - Provision of Reprints and the Use of Quotations
- Clause 11 - Distribution of Promotional Material
- Clause 12 - Disguised Promotion
- Clause 13 - Clinical Trials and Non-Interventional Studies of Marketed Medicines
- Clause 14 - Certification
- Clause 15 - Representatives
- Clause 16 - Training
- Clause 17 - Provision of Medicines and Samples
- Clause 18 - Items for Patients, Promotional Aids, the provision of Medical and Educational Goods and Services, Agreements to Benefit Patients such as Joint Working, Outcome Agreements and Patient Access Schemes
- Clause 19 - Meetings, Hospitality and Sponsorship
- Clause 20 - The Use of Consultants
- Clause 21 - Transfers of Value to Health Professionals and Healthcare Organisations
- Clause 22 - Scientific Services
- Clause 23 - Relations with the Public and the Media
- Clause 24 - Relationships with Patient Organisations
- Clause 25 - The Internet
- Clause 26 - Compliance with Undertakings
- Constitution and Procedure