WORKING FOR US
Manager (x2), PMCPA
Competitive salary and great range of benefits
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
About the PMCPA
The Prescription Medicines Code of Practice Authority (PMCPA) plays an important role in shaping the standards which society, UK Government (via the MHRA), Life Sciences stakeholders and healthcare customers expect of the industry and therefore the role helps to maintain the reputation of the pharmaceutical industry.
The PMCPA has a significant role in the UK as administrator of the ABPI Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry as well as being a key contributor to industry code development at a European and International level via EFPIA and IFPMA. Working independently of the ABPI: it is responsible for the complaints procedure, the provision of informal advice and guidance, as well as training on the Code (as set out in the PMCPA Constitution and Procedure). The PMCPA reports to the Code of Practice Appeal Board in relation to the operation of the complaints procedure and to the President of the ABPI for administrative purposes.
For more information, please follow the link: https://www.pmcpa.org.uk/
The Manager will be a member of the Code of Practice Panel and will help adjudicate upon complaints made under the Code. The role also includes delivering training on the Code and its operation, taking part in company audits, contributing to policy matters and providing informal guidance. All members of the Code of Practice Panel are appointed by the ABPI Board.
Responsibilities and duties
The person appointed will be expected to contribute to the smooth running of the complaints procedure for the PMCPA including:
- Member of the Code of Practice Panel
- Minutes – preparing those of the Code of Practice Panel and the associated correspondence
- Reports – preparing case reports
- Participating in audits of pharmaceutical companies
- Responding to enquiries about the Code and its operation
- Providing training on the Code and its operation
- Collaborate in the development of guidance and policy in relation to pharmaceutical industry activities covered by the Code and may involve liaison with external stakeholders
- Supporting the Code of Practice Appeal Board as required.
- A degree in biological science, pharmacy and/or law is preferred
- Substantial practical experience of working with the Code in the pharmaceutical industry, or other similar experience in a regulated environment is desirable, experience in a legal role would also be considered
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Intellectual rigour and ability to critically appraise large volumes of information
- Strong IT and Presentation skills
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Well organized, able to prioritise workloads and work to deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Good eye for detail.
- Strong communication skills to communicate complex matters simply
- Development mindset – aware of their strengths and areas for development
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.
- Confident in use of IT and willing to learn new skills.
- Independent minded, courage of their convictions
- Team player who will contribute to all activities.
- Reliable, friendly and polite, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Broad interest in the pharmaceutical industry’s reputation and maintaining high standards
The PMCPA is committed to equality of opportunity. All applicants will be considered for a role within our business, and we will welcome applications from all candidates regardless of background.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by close of business on Thursday 30 November 2023. Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates during late November/early December; first stage being a Teams Meeting with the Hiring Manager followed by a final, in-person meeting with the PMCPA Director at our London offices.
For further details or queries, please email: email@example.com or call our HR team on 01628 500892
CLOSING DATE 30 November